Sunday, January 31, 2010

Here ya go, Mari!

My friend, Mari hinted that I needed to post something new on my blog so...Mari, this is for you!

There is such a difference between your first and second child. It's quite amazing. I've been told this numerous times. I can see such a difference in their personalities and definitely in their eating! Noah has such a fast metabolism, I'm tempted to do a DNA test just to make sure he's really our child. But I digress...

So I wanted to do a scrapbook for Noah's first year of life. Back when I was childless I loved to scrapbook. I have all the scissors and special tape and had a great time doing it. But then I had kids. I have very little time to myself and besides, for me to take out everything just to put it back away an hour later because my kids want to get into everything is frankly, exhausting just the think about. So I discovered the world of on-line scrapbooking. It's great! Mixbook.com is my favorite site for scrapbooking. I'll admit that I only checked out a few and mixbook was recommended by a friend but I do really like it. So yesterday I sat down during the kids' nap and went to town. The first thing you have to do is upload pictures. Ok, makes sense. So I opened our "picture" album and started hunting for pictures. Uhhh...and here's where the difference between baby #1 and baby #2 comes into play. For Hannah, we have pictures of every little thing she ever did. Scratch her nose, get a picture. Fall on her butt, get a picture. But for Noah, not so much. We do have plenty of pictures but I was a little shocked and ashamed of how few we have compared to Hannah at this stage. So my goal for the next few months will be to strap a camera to my hand and photograph everything he does.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! And I see I'm your first "follower". Do you know how special I feel? :-)

    ReplyDelete