Wednesday, November 7, 2012

My little wippersnapper

Hannah just cracks me up sometimes.  She'll say something with such honesty and boldness that I can't help but laugh.  After the whole "Panera" incident, I've learned that she's not shy about asking questions or stating facts.  Here are a few snippets...

I have a rule at dinner that you have to eat as many bites of food as you are in age.  So for Hannah, 6 bites.  For Noah, 3.  Here's what happened:

Me: Hannah, you need to eat 6 bites of your soup before you can get up from the table.
Hannah:  Well, then I guess you need to eat 32 bites before you can get up, mommy!
Me: uh...ok.

Here are a few more...

Me:  Noah, tie your shoes.  I mean, Hannah tie your shoes!
Hannah: Mommy, it's ok that you forgot my name.  You're old.  You forget things.
Me:  I'm not old!  I'm 32!  Oh good grief.  I'm arguing with a 6-year-old.

Hannah: Mommy, am I going to die?
Me: Well, at some point, yes.  But not for a very long time.
Hannah I'm glad you're going to die before me so I can see what happens.
Me: Well, I'm glad I could help you out.

Hannah: I lost my first tooth!
Me: Yea!  Go put it under your pillow and the tooth fairy will bring you a quarter.
Hannah: Mommy, I know you and daddy are the tooth fairy.  And instead of a quarter can I have an IPad?
Me: Uh...no.




No comments:

Post a Comment