Friday, April 20, 2012

Before and After...

We just redecorated Noah's room.  It was bittersweet.  He's 3 now so it was time to move him up to a big boy bed.  Plus, the room was a weird shade of green.  Why was it green?  Well, because it had been the nursery for both kids.  Even though we knew Hannah was going to be a girl, we wanted to make the nursery neutral so any future child could use the room.  Hence the green walls.  Instead of being a nice green, it was a shocking mint color.  Seriously turned me off of mint chocolate chip ice cream for years.  I'm still traumatized.

See the ugliness?  I'm sure my kids will be seeking therapy for  spending the first few years of their lives in this room.
So began the transformation.  I had picked out bedding for Noah a few years ago while at a huge consignment sale.  It's a Pottery Barn "Transportaion" themed room.  To make the room a little less weird and more boy-ish, we picked a light blue color.  Pretty.  That's all I can say about it.  P-R-E-T-T-Y.  No trauma here!
So much better!

My sexy husband's head.  
We already had the bed frame.  Funny story...my dad and uncle had matching bed frames growing up.  They ended up being my and my sister's bed frames as we were growing up and now they've been passed on to my kids.  Seriously, things aren't made like that anymore.  I'm hoping they last for my kids' kids.

Ok, so we already had the bed frame, bedding, dresser...what were we missing?  Uh...a BED??!!  I happened to mention to my co-worker that I was going to be buying a new twin box spring and mattress.  What did she happen to have in her storage room collecting dust?  An almost brand new twin-sized box spring and mattress.  And we could have them for FREE.  Amazing.

I searched random places for decorations.  I found a cheap coat rack on a facebook swapping page, gave it a coat of white paint and voila!  It matched the rest of his room.  I called upon my best friend (and amazing artist), Laura to make a few wall hangings to match his bedding.  She also made the step stool you can see in the above picture.  She free-handed them.  I'm still in awe of how great they look.  After a trip to Ikea for a bookcase, and a few stickers on the wall, we were DONE.  Noah is thrilled with his new room.  I'm just thrilled to have the green gone.  Next up is a gallery wall for the living room...
I love this bedding.  

I can not even tell you how cute those wall hangings are!  Laura is an awesome artist.  

Why yes, that is a little purse hanging from the rack.  Hannah thought Noah needed it.  

Hannah helped put the stickers on the wall.  They're a little heavy on the right.  Whatever.  :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment