Sunday, November 28, 2010

A Non-Traditional Thanksgiving

I have much many things for which to be thankful.  My husband, my kids, my family, my health, diet mountain dew...truly the list is endless.  Even though I consider myself a very thankful person, I dread holidays.  Why you ask?  Well, because there's always so much to do!  Remember the days of old when we just sat around and let our parents do everything?  Now we're the parents!  Dang it! So when it comes to holidays, I'm all about the easiest possible solution.  This Thanksgiving was with my family.  With a sister and brother living in Minnesota, it was easier for us to head up there.  Every time we get together with family, there's the problem of space.  With a million kids, no one seems to have enough room in their house.  So my mom had the brilliant idea of going to a hotel for the night.  Seriously, it's like we had never considered this thought before.  We're all on the cheap frugal side!  So there's a Holiday Inn right next to Cabela's in Owatonna, MN that has a waterpark.  Truly one of the best investments in the world.  So while many others in America were scrunched together in a small living room eating Aunt Thelma's green bean casserole and falling asleep enjoying all the anecdotes and general togetherness, we were swimming and having a great time.  Probably one of my favorite Thanksgivings to date.  That may make me a Thanksgiving hater but I look at it this way...I was with my family and isn't that what the day it all about?  I'm sure at some point during the day I told someone I was thankful for them.  It may have been the hotel staff guy who brought Noah's crib to the room but I made the effort to be a thankful person.  Here are some pictures from the hotel.  Enjoy and be jealous that my family is cool and yours is still suffering the effects of family drama and Aunt Gertrude's bean dip...
Noah is a little water baby.  He LOVES being in the pool!

Going up to the top of the slide

Hannah thrilled about something.  Probably being in the pool with her cousins

Joel was dipping Noah backwards into the water.  He loved it!

Just taking a stroll with daddy

At the bottom of the slide.  He went up and down that thing so many times!

Noah, Hannah, Natalie, and Jack decorating the train rice krispie treat.  

Hannah and Natalie's train (aka. the GIRL'S train!)

Jack decorating the boy's train.  Noah tried to help but ended up just eating the frosting instead.  

1 comment:

  1. Love the picture of Jack, on the counter. :)

    ReplyDelete