Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My Love Affair...

...with my Crane humidifier

Crane Drop Shape Cool Mist Humidifier


Yes, it sounds completely ridiculous, I realize that.  However, this humidifier is wonderful!  In years past, we've had one humidifier or another that consisted of a bulky base, filter, and big fan with a vent on it.  Within days, the filter was gross and mildewy looking and the vent started to get dirty.  It's not like you can wash the vent (hello, motor attached!) and even if you wash the filter, it's still gross.  While filters aren't super pricey by themselves, if you have to buy one every few weeks, the cost adds up.

So, when we pulled out the old humidifier to put in Noah's room and noticed how gross it was, we decided it was time to investigate something new.  So we bought 2 of the Crane humidifiers for the kids' room.  Love them!

The thing I love the most about this particular humidifier is that there's no filter!  So no mildewy grossness!  That's awesome.  All you need to clean it is some warm water and vinegar.  It takes about 10 minutes to clean and you're done!  Because it's so easy I clean them every few days.  And you barely have to turn the thing on and it shoots mist out through the little nozzle.  If you turn it on full blast all night, the entire room will be wet by morning.  :)

So there you have it.  I love my humidifier.  My kids breathe easier so then I do too.

1 comment:

  1. My husband has a thing for filters. If something's wrong with ANYTHING - it's the filter. My vacuum cleaner - "Did you clean the filter?" The furnace gets the filter changed like every 5 minutes. The humidifier? The filter gets washed EVERY. NIGHT!
    I am going to check into this product. I'm all about getting rid of filters.

    ReplyDelete