Tuesday, October 26, 2010

That's all, folks!

Hannah being a little cheeseball.   I had to add a picture of my kiddos even though this post has absolutely nothing to do with them :)

Seriously, cutest boy ever!
I ran my 4th and final 5K over the weekend.  I did the Des Moines Race for the Cure.  I pulled a muscle in my leg earlier in the week so it wasn't the best run but it wasn't terrible.  And at least I finished!  One thing I learned about downtown Des Moines...it's super hilly!  My word!  Even Joel and my sister said this was one of the hardest courses they've had to run.  In order to get to the finish line, you had to walk/run up a pretty steep hill.  Not cool.  Plus there were a lot of little enormous HUGE hills all throughout the course.

I really wanted this race to be my best in honor of my friend Aimee who died of breast cancer earlier this year.  Between the hills and the leg, it wasn't my best.  Still...it was better than I could have done 6 months ago!  I'll keep running through the winter and start running 5Ks again next year when it's warm again.  My sister and husband seem to think we can run the DSM Marathon relay next year.  It's always nice to dream...
Joel, me, and Salli post-race.  We didn't die!

No comments:

Post a Comment