Monday, June 21, 2010

Update on the 5K training...

I've been "in training" now for about 6 weeks. The training is set up that at the end of 9 weeks, you should be able to run a 5K. Ok, whatever. In reality, it's going to take a little while longer than that. That being said...it's going well! I still can't say I love running. I don't. I don't see myself ever loving running. But it's such a stress reliever and it's a sense of accomplishment that I can even run at all. I'm up to 2 miles now. It's funny to remember the start of the training when I had to run 60 seconds at a time and I thought I was going to die. :) Just goes to show that I have no sense of my own mortality.

I've also started doing kick-boxing at the Y twice a week. On those days, I run first then head straight to kick-boxing class. By the time class is out, I'm sweaty, tired, and stinky. Hannah likes to tell me I need a shower. Believe me, I know I smell after working out that long.

The kids are doing well. Noah's molars are so close to breaking through and he's a bit on the fussy side. Ok, A LOT of the fussy side. Luckily, the fussiness comes in waves. He's still a happy boy most of the time. Hannah loves watching Barbie movies, which is hysterical to me. She'll go around the living room and recite lines from whichever movie she watched. She likes to pretend she's a dragon and make Joel be the witch from one of the movies. Joel actually does a good job! He's very multi-talented. :)

2 comments:

  1. Do you have a 5K in mind that you are going to run? There is one in Ankeny in August but I don't know if I will be trained yet but maybe I could run/walk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing one August 22 in Minneapolis. Other than that, I'm planning to do the Race for the Cure 5K in October. I'll probably do another one or so in there somewhere. If you want to do one with me, I'm up for it! Maybe September?

    ReplyDelete