Saturday, June 26, 2010

An Abundance of Blessing

Today is dedicated to me and my kids. I love them so much but there are days I wonder why the heck I had 1, much less 2! This morning while Joel and Hannah were gone for a few hours, I took some time and just played with Noah. I got down on the floor with him and we played peek-a-boo, rolled a ball back and forth, and chased after each other. Hearing his giggles and excitement made me remember how blessed I am to have 2 beautiful children. It seems like every time I watch the news or get on the internet news sites, there are stories of abuse and neglect. It angers me. How could anyone look at their child and want to harm them? There are moments in every parent's life when their child pushes all the right buttons and you can feel your patience run out. I've had many of those moments. Still, I'm so blessed to be their mother.

Here are some things the kids have done recently:
~Noah is walking! He looks like a drunk sailor but he gets around. He falls constantly to there is always a little bruise in the same spot on his forehead.

~Hannah insists she wants to grow up and be a boy. When asked why, she responds that she wants to be like daddy. It's cute.

~Noah got mad the other day because the toy he wanted was stuck between the fridge and cabinet. When I got it out for him, he put it on the floor and pushed it right back where it was, then clapped.

~Noah is taking a Kindermusik class this summer. Most of the kids are still pretty clingy to their mommies. Not Noah. That boy crawls right up to the teacher and grins waiting for her to start an activity or music. He's a little social butterfly.

~Hannah has been watching Barbie movies lately. (Thanks Piper for getting her hooked on those!) She likes to run around the living room pretending like she's the dragon from one of the movies.

All in all, I'm completely blessed and so fortunate to have 2 amazing kids and a wonderful husband. We have our bad days but luckily we're still trudging through.

No comments:

Post a Comment