Monday, September 20, 2010

Things I never thought I'd say...

Being a mother is an adventure, to say the least!  Over the years, I've heard things come out of my mouth that I SWORE I'd never say.  Or things I never thought I'd say in my adult life.  Here are a few samplings...

~"Did you wipe?", quickly followed by "did you flush?"
~"Don't put that in your mouth/ear/nose/any orifice"
~"Did you just push your brother off the bed?"
~"Don't touch your poop"
~"Spread your legs so I can wash your bottom"
~"Hannah, that's Noah's boy bottom.  Leave it alone"
~"That is the difference between boys and girls.  Let's just leave it at that."
~"Flies can't hurt you."
~"You're a lion, huh?  Well, bring your lion self on over to the table"
~"Don't eat the Desitin!"
~"No you can't play with a real sword.  They're very dangerous"
~"When your father gets home, you can explain to him why you did ___________"
~"Honey, George is a pretend monkey.  He can't actually do these things"

There are so many more that I can't think of right now.  Life became much more interesting when we brought Noah into the family.  Hannah and Noah love playing with each other but it does make for some stressful days.  I wouldn't change them for anything though.

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally cracking up b/c I can completely picture these conversations with you and the kid! :)

    ReplyDelete